Here's the recipe for today's soup:
2 tablespoons of Waitrose essential ingredients frozen shallots
1 large leek, sliced
2 carrots, cubed
1 large parsnip, cubed
I pack cubbetti de pancetta
1 teaspoon of Waitrose essential inredient chopped frozen chilli (expect chilli flakes would work too but maybe a bit less)
1 tbl spoon Olive Oil
Large glug of Noilly Prat
I can of borlotti beans
1 tea spoon dried mixed herbs
600 ml veg stock (hot)
1. Sweat off the shallotts in the oil in a large heavy based pan
2. add the sliced leek and sweat off for 2 mins
3. Add the pancetta and cook until completely opaque (you know when the bacon goes a paler pink - about 3 mins)
4. Add a large glug of noilly prat and fry off
5. Add the cubed carrots and parsnip, dried herbs & chilli
6. Season with the Salt & Pepper generously and cook for 5 mins, stiring regularly to steam the veg a bit but not to burn the leeks (may need less time depending on your hob strength)
7. Drain and clean the beans and add them to the pot, stir in and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add the stock and bring to the boil
9. leave to simmer for 15-18 minutes (again depends on your hob)
Serve in warmed bowls with large chunks of buttered bread (I didn't have the bread by The Boy did and said it was great with the soup).
This soup can be salty - so if you don't like salt you may want to leave it out and there will be some in the pancetta and stock.
This was yummy - there are no pictures as it is all gone (The Boy finished it off). I love it when my veg box and Ocado order inspire me to cook somethig so bvery veyr simple that ends up being so very tasty.
We're not going out at all today, we have the paper, it's FA cup on the TV and the wood burner is going on. I'm finishing off a jumper I am knitting for a friend who is due to have a baby this coming week . Whilst working away is tough - being home is lovely, spending time with The Boy doing very little makes it all a bit easier.