Monday 22 March 2010

A Room Of My Own

I had it confirmed today that my contract has been extended for a further 6 months to the end of October.  This mean that I could go ahead and pay the holding deposit on my own little digs.  They're not much, a converted barn that looks more like a scout hut from the outside.  One large bedroom and lounge with a separate kitchen and bathroom.  A good size and only 15 minutes from work so a great location.

I have loved staying at KBWs, it's been bloomin' marvelous having a wife and coming home to supper every night but I am really looking forward to the solitude.  I'm considering not bothering with a TV and just catching up with books or listening to the radio whilst playing on line or reading.

The kitchen is lovely in the new place, small but perfect with a new fridge, cooker & hob and a small dishwasher - perfect.  The landlords seem nice, and the rent includes council tax, water rates and electricity, I just need to buy a gas cylinder.  So fingers crossed I get past the reference hurdle and then I can get on and buy my essentials to move in after Easter.  Fingers crossed please.

2 comments:

  1. Everything is crossed for you my dear, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and hope it all goes well... including the trip Boston! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails