Monday 7 June 2010

In Geneva

I am in a hotel in Geneva again with work.  It's been a bit of a day, nearly 2 hours spreadsheet hell this morning, followed by a quick pack and dash then 3 hours to Heathrow (quite like terminal 3 but gutted to see a bag I bought at LK Bennett on the 28th May at HALF PRICE there) Sushi, then flight to Geneva, smelly smelly taxi then up five flights of stairs to a Superior Hotel Room as the lift wasn't working......not sure what's superior about it there is no view at all other than of an office and it's all a bit basic.  Oh well - lesson learned - don't let the Finance Director choose the hotel.

Last time I was here I stayed at a lovely hotel , part of the Swisshotel Group, it overlooked the lake, had an in room Gaggia coffee machine and beautiful rooms.  It was also 600 Swiss Francs a night - think this is nearer 250.

It's only for one night and it's comfortable enough.  I have to go for supper with the aforementioned FD.  I am not really looking forward to it as I find him very hard work.  Ah well, it's only a few hours.  He will want to get away early as he usually does so I will have some time to myself.

Geneva, btw, is beautiful, the lake and mountains are breathtaking and the architecture amazing.  However, it is so very very expensive.  Good job it's a work trip so can be billed back.

Right, time to put some slap on to go out for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails