Monday 19 July 2010

Bloomin Marvelous


At work today we held a bake sale in aid of the Marie Curie Cancer charity.  We took their Blooming Great Tea Party and adapted it to fit our working arrangements.

So Monday morning bright and early the HR team arrived armed with tupperware a plenty and all sorts of cakes, we had massive cream cakes:



Plenty of cupcakes/fairy cakes:



And some more heathly alternatives in a fruit slice and banana breakfast loaf (which was scrummy I donated and tested this one just to be sure):



By 11.30am we had raised just short of £300 thanks to the generosity of my colleagues here at work.

We set up an honestly table in the corner of the office restuarant for the rest of the day and will add up the total raised at the end of the day:


I am so pleased with the results today - the excellent baking skills of the HR team, all of them giving up their time and donating cakes for sale.  Particular thanks to Caroline (pictured with me at the top) who did all the organisation for the day and did all the posters and advertising - now for the clearing up....

1 comment:

  1. Pah- who needs healthy cake?! Give me icing every time. :)
    There are some rather yummy looking delights there.
    I think the strawberries and cream cake turned out well in the end. Well it looks gorgeous anyway.

    Florrie x

    PS, if I had to choose my favourite food it would be icing, preferably with a little buttercream. Not the healthiest thing ever but I force myself to only have it in moderation. Anyway, that explains my enthusiasm. :) And also the fact that I'm hungry right now..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails