Monday 5 July 2010

Decisions decisions

I have had a lot of head space this week, getting up early each morning doing 30 mins of yoga self practice whilst the boy is out for a run then 30 mins on the work blackberry to keep things ticking over whilst I am away.

The rest of my time has been spent reading, relaxing and generally doing nothing.  I have reached the state of relaxation where I am open to the fresh possibilities that holidays bring.

I have made some decisions, not all that I am ready to share yet and not all life changing or earth shattering - some very simple that I just needed the clarity of space and time to reach.

When I get home I am going to declutter our house, again, we have a lot of stuff and almost every surface is covered with stuff - not necessarily memories or keepsakes but often just stuff.  Post that has not been fileds, necklaces removed and then never put away, gig tickets waiting to be put in frames and put up, old CDs gathering dusts, empty candle sticks, that habitat show horn from a few years ago, unwatched DVDs.  Stuff collected over years and just placed, without thought or reason.  I have room in storage if I don't want to throw, recycle or pass on but the clutter must end.  I don't have time for it.

I'm going to do the same with my shoes and clothes, if they aren't being worn even if they are 'in season' they are going into storage - better planning better organisation, I need space.

My home office isn't being let off either - work that has been untouched for more than 18 months is going into storage - it should probably be shredded but you never know........   That colour printer and those cartridges that I got for a bargain but have never been able to synch with our Macs is going on ebay or to charity - it works just only with PCs and with someone who is clever enough to network it - ie not us.

The box of stuff which contains the manuals for everything in the house and the spare parts that came with each machine is either going in the loft, garage or to the storage.  We never use it - or look in it.

Finally the book shelves in there filled with old work and work related books are being cleared out.  I want my work space back - with space.  And if it works out the way I plan with a sewing table and space to store my materials etc.

That's it for now - not life altering or major but cleansing and positive.  The rest will come when the plans are fully formed but for now I will continue to enjoy the luxury of time and space to think.

1 comment:

  1. I could do with a good clear out, its just getting round to it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails