Friday 16 October 2009

I'm Walking the Walk


via Nullalux @ www.weheartit.com

Okay, so after a few years of thinking it would be a good thing to do I have finally (after quite a bit of prompting from the inspirational @MandyPandy32 on twitter) signed up to the 2010 Moonwalk.

Amazingly the online applications for the 26.2 mile overnight walk were full before lunchtime on the first day of registration. As a result a couple of friends were only able to sign up for the half marathon but we will all be there in our Bra's raising money and awareness for a fantastic cause.

So, after this weekend the training will begin. I say after this weekend as it is CPs Birthday this weekend and I am off to Fancy London to go out to play.

Anyone who has met me will know that I am not exactly svelte (and that's being kind) and my idea of exercise is going to the bar for the next round so 26.2 miles is going to be a serious challenge. However, it's a challenge I am up to. If as a result of raising money for Breast Cancer research I manage to shed a few lbs then it's all bonus.

The Boy is being quite supportive, when I told him that I had a place he was in Manchester with work. When he came home that evening he brought me a gift - a new Nike Tshirt (Your Pace or Mine on the front) to use when training. I can't remember the last time he bought me something when it wasn't a birthday or special event so this was lovely of him.

I will bore (ahem) anyone that reads this with my progress over the next 6 months but for now, be a darling if you can spare a few pennies please visit my just giving site (linky below) and support my (ridiculous) endeavor.


Cheers x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails