Monday 10 August 2009

From feminist to domestic goddess

So this weekend was interesting - I started with my bog questioning whether or not I was a feminist and ended by spending hours at my new sewing machine making a dress.

I got an original 1940s pattern from Ebay and some lovely purple linen from a shop in Leeds and set about it. Well it is by no means perfect (some of the seams are a bit dodgy thats for sure) and sewed my first ever zip (straight enough). To top it all it fits (blimey) and doesn't look too bad - not going to win any prizes but for the first thing I have sewn for more years than I care to remember I am really please. I will take and post some photo's at some point. Bought some more patterns on line today so will get some more material the next week or so and keep making - eventually I may make something I would be prepared to wear in public.

Today with the left over material I made a book bag - not sure it will take much weight but it looks great. I have also made a Chocolate Fudge Cake and started to knit a shrug-cum-poncho......I am not sure what has happened or who I am but my house smells lovely.

Might even have a cup of coffee and a slice of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails