Sunday 17 January 2010

Bloggers for Haiti

I have copied this (with kind permission) directly from Thatgirl39s blog Forty Not Out - I think she says it all:



Along with the rest of the world I've watched in horror at the events that have unfolded in Haiti these past few days. As a parent, I find the images of families torn apart by the devastation and grief almost unbearable to watch.


What they must be going through is unimaginable and leaves me with a sense of guilt about the things we moan about on a daily basis.


Having read some posts today from a couple of my favourite bloggers, Laura at Are We Nearly There Yet and Englishmum, I found something practical that we can do to help. Englishmum has set up a Bloggers For Haiti Just Giving Page to raise funds to buy ShelterBoxes.  


Below is some text taken from the Just Giving page.




ShelterBox is an international disaster relief charity, specializing in emergency shelter provision. We instantly respond to earthquake, volcano, flood, hurricane, cyclone, tsunami or conflict by delivering boxes of aid. Each box supplies a family of ten with a tent and lifesaving equipment to use while they are displaced. Since 2001, ShelterBox has provided shelter, warmth and dignity following over 80 disasters in more than 52 countries.




Please take the time to click here through to Laura's page for a full description of what the boxes contain. I think they are incredible and hope that we can get as many boxes as possible.


As I type this I've just seen that the total raised by Bloggers For Haiti is now £760.20, nearly enough for two boxes, but there has also been a strong aftershock in Haiti. Please go to the Just Giving page and donate what you can.


Thank's for taking the time to read this and please help.




Even a fiver will help - so far over £1,600 has been raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails