Monday 11 January 2010

Job Hunting - again

The life of a freelancer/contractor means that job hunting is a regular occurrence.  I love interim and freelance work - it gives me the freedom to work in different sectors on various projects with different people.  I dislike it as it is really difficult to line up your next project/role whilst in a role as more often than not clients want someone who is immediately available.

It was a slow year last year and I was lucky to have been working for all but 10 weeks - usually this would be perfect but with The Boy being out of work for 5 months it's not quite as comfortable as it has been in the past.  So I am back on the job hunt.  I finished a role just before Christmas that was perfect to see me through November and December and still have my consulting role with a public sector body which is a few days per month but could really do with a 3 or 6 month role to get my teeth into.

Thursday looked promising as a change management role came up that needed someone immediately with my skills but unfortunately the funding for this has now been pulled.  I had a call last night (yep on a Sunday) which again sounds promising but it would mean being away from home Monday to Friday for 3 months.  Not the end of the world, and not the first time I have had to do this - I could lodge with KBW which would mean good food, lots of Yoga and exercise and spending sometime with my favourite littles in the world but I would miss The Boy and it would mean that he would be on his own Monday to Thursday.

Hopefully this week will pick up - most people will be back at work and the schools should be open so business as usual can continue.  I will continue to drop emails and calls into contacts and agents and apply for role and keep my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I am all business, I have chores to complete, storage to store, a dress or two to make and some other knitting and sewing projects to crack on with.  First though some CV work (no not exercise my actual CV) and expenses for Oct, Nov & Dec.  Something will turn up - it always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails