Friday 22 January 2010

Today we Knit



I'm in a really good mood today.  Maybe it's because it's Friday, maybe it's because I worked yesterday and used my brain, maybe it's because I am in bed with my lap top and slept really really well.

I have worked this morning, had a pre-interview telephone conversation and had some virtual love from my twitter friends and am now looking forward to this afternoon.

Last year I started knitting again after many years off and find it very relaxing and rewarding - however so far I have only managed scarves and fingerless glove type wrist warmers.  I have a couple of friends who are having babies this year and whilst I am planning to sew some kimono style booties I also wanted to knit some socks.  I tootled off to John Lewis and bought the necessary 4 double ended needles and a pattern book and started.....but oh dear it's actually quite hard to get the stitches on the three needs and to start the knitting off.  After a few hours of trying I decided to call in the experts to help;  I sent a message of mercy to my friend Wendy on facebook and she sent me back some great instructions and advised me that it isn't just me, it is quite tricky, but that once you get it they make perfect presents and can be great (she even sent me a link for some great free patterns at Knitty).

But even better than that she offered to meet me today at a cafe in Ilkley and show me - so I get an afternoon out (possibly a bit of cake) and a lesson and to meet a friend I haven't seen for a while. Bonus.

This is where I am going this afternoon Create Cafe and Wendy has said that they ladies there are so helpful that if they are around they will probably give me some tips too.  Huzzah.

Friends, you of course know that this means.  Yup that's right - socks for gifts this year to go with the PJs I made you last year.

Update - here's one of the many I have made (and am making):

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails