Wednesday 16 December 2009

Christmas Competition over at the Domestic Sluts



I was entering the Domestic Sluts Christmas Competition and noted that if I blogged about it I would get another chance to entry - so this is that.  I love our Christmas - it's nothing special but perfect for us, it centres around doing nothing, spending time together just relaxing.  Here is what I said:


"Christmas for The Boy and me is about battening down the hatches and completely relaxing. He's a creature of habit so likes his routine, which involves a Chinese Takeaway on Christmas Eve, wood burner on and a DVD or something on Sky Plus. A little bit of mulled wine or cider or maybe a nice bottle of red.

Christmas day, after a slow start we'll come down and stoke up the fire, then we'll open our presents to each other. Then breakfast and a bottle of champagne, I'll start lunch whilst listening to carols or watching a Christmas film whilst The Boy watches Sky Sports and speaks to his Mum on the phone. I'll phone my Mum and close friends then we'll eat, then settle down in front of the fire with the book or films we got for Christmas. After Dr Who we'll be busy doing a bit more nothing.

Boxing Day and The Boy will go out for a run whilst I cook the ham, then it's off to the football - I'll take mince pies and mulled wine to share with the people we sit with and hopefully after a good result we'll head home happy. The Boy will settle in front of the TV and I'll potter around.

It's nothing exciting, and nothing special but it's time we spend together completely relaxed and enjoy every minute."



The competition is open until 12 noon tomorrow and the prizes are fab - it's a great website and always has lovely ideas and fabulous recipes (especially the cocktails).


Girls after my own heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails