Sunday 1 November 2009

National Novel Writing Month

After being told about it by MandiLuk (find her on twitter she is very funny and worth a follow) I have signed up to National Novel Writing Month - I have a month to write 50,000 words starting today.

So far I have a title (In these shoes? I don't think so) and a genre (Chick Lit) but that's it - I worked out that it should be 1,666 words on average per day but that is not very likely that I will hit that today. I need some structure and an outline....oh and should probably put my profile details in.

For now though I will just go public - I'm writing a novel, in a month. I have never done anything like that before, but until a few months ago I had never written a blog so perhaps this is the year of firsts.

Don't expect a masterpiece but it'll be a challenge and possibly even a bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails