Thursday 26 November 2009

Thankful

It's Thanksgiving today (Happy Thanksgiving!) and whilst this is not something we celebrate in the UK with the breaking down of barriers through the internet we are becoming much more of a global society and as such traditions that are country specific become more widely known about and the edges of where they are celebrated become blurred.

I am thankful, we have a good life. We have a home, we have food, we have plenty. We have our health and our family and friends. We have room to breath and enjoy our life without to much worry. I know how lucky we are and I am thankful, truly.

Today is the day of the Royal Visit so I worked late last night and have a few things to do this morning but will be spending the next few hours cleaning and getting ready. I need to completely clean through downstairs, change the beds, go over the bathroom (The Boy cleaned it on Sunday but, whilst he tries and I'm not going to stop him it's not up the Lady L's exacting standards). I also need to wrap the Christmas gifts that I have for my parents already so that they can take them back to France with them. The Boy suggested that I write down what I have bought for them before wrapping otherwise I will forget and then end up buying more or even more of the same to take down with us when we go after Christmas....he's right I know he is.

Another cup of coffee then I best be off and get on with my chores. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you lovely Shoegal and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Saturday!!! I hope you have a lovely weekend! I have just read through the back links on this post and hope your MIL is Ok too xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails