Monday 23 November 2009

Spreadsheet Hell

I am in spreadsheet hell. I am at the point in this contract when it is all about the numbers.

How many employees, how much are they paid, how old are they, how long have they worked there, what is their redundancy entitlement, how much notice have they got, is the data correct, does the data take into account birthdays or service anniversaries...blah blah blah.

I love the parts of my job that involve working with people and talking to them, getting the best solution for everyone and ensuring it is all done fairly.

I hate the bloomin' data. I am rubbish at data for a start and have never been very good at engaging with something I am rubbish at.

Today I must complete two sets of redundancy calcs for two clients.

The first is almost there and only for about 60 staff.

The second is just data at the moment for about 300 - all on different T&Cs and submitted in different formats - as I said spreadsheet hell.

As usual I am procrastinating by faffing about on twitter, facebook and blogs when I really should just crack on. So onwards, in to the breach.......aggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails